Thanks for visiting our website. Old Squaw Valley Herb Gardens were closed at the end of 2014, but now we are working on completely new gardens.
Our new site is on its way and we will keep updating you here about our plans and new ideas. We are going to post a lot of interesting information about herbs, so don’t forget to check our updates regularly.
Original Squaw Valley Herb Gardens were established in 1984 by two artists Tim Friesen and Rosemary Nightingale. It was located 20 miles from Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks and had a gift shop, organic herb nursery, and a potting shed, surrounded by Lavender field, clustered oak trees, meadow and creek. This place was created to experience the beauty and aromas of the nature, nourish your heart, delight your senses far away from the madding crowd, relax, refresh and be inspired.
Squaw Valley Herb Gardens had offered such activities:
- Garden Tour: 2-hour stroll through herb gardens among wonderful plants, with storytelling and demonstration of various herbal remedies and recipes accompanied by delicious tastings and teas.
- Lavender Tour: 3-hour stroll with explanation of how to grow Lavender plant, harvest it and use in culinary and medicine; with unveiling few household remedies and recipes, making gifts and savoring a lavender-inspired lunch with herbal teas.
- Sequoia Groves: tour to Giant Sequoias to discover the largest trees on earth with remarkable storyteller and herb-inspired box lunch.
- Culinary Tour: a Garden Tour extended with a delicious, herb-inspired, organic, vegetarian, seasonal lunch.
- Children and Student Tour: a customized Garden Tour for groups of young people.
- Wreath-making classes.
- Herbalists retreat.
- Gift shopping of handmade products made of herbs.
Tours were held April through October with no regular business hours. Pets, smoking, bringing drinks and making phone calls were not allowed to keep the cleanliness, natural aromas, peace and quiet of the place.